As an intern, you will be part of a team that helps our banking clients transform their organizations by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage the impacts of their portfolios. You will operate in a fundamentally new but growing domain and contribute to creating innovative ways of allocating and managing capital that relies first and foremost on environmental, social, and human considerations.
The goal of this internship is two-fold:
- Generating and interpreting impact results for one of our leading banking clients
- Creating internal resources to harmonise and structure existing processes
This will involve significant work in Excel, where you will need to understand large data sets, perform consistency checks and create user friendly, scalable templates. In addition, you will learn about the multifaceted ways in which financial institutions generate both positive and negative impacts and how this can be calculated using financial and impact data.
- Review and harmonise existing processes to build scalable internal resources
- Execute the annual impact analysis of a leading bank, i.e., collecting and processing relevant financial and impact data
- Visualising and interpreting results using PowerBi
- Opportunity to provide actionable recommendations to shape sustainability trajectories
- Regular review of results, clear and concise communication of progress with colleagues and management
- Discuss and engage with various colleagues within Impact Institute in order to capture relevant processes and methodologies as much as possible
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation which continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become a thought leader in impact measurement and valuation applied to sustainable finance, a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field.
You will also benefit from an extensive learning experience across the sustainable finance fields, with a practical exposure to both traditional and innovative portfolio management methods.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this role is autonomous and has a hands-on approach to solving complex quantitative problems. Other characteristics cover:
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g., finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Enjoy working in Excel, crunching numbers, detail oriented
- Structured way of working, effective communicator within the team (e.g., updates on progress), ability to work independently on analytical tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
What we offer
- A 6-month full-time internship, 32-40 hours per week
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Young, professional, dynamic, and fun colleagues with intrinsic motivation, who want to change the world with you.
- Open and flexible work atmosphere.
- 25 vacation days for a full-time contract to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Commute allowance for bike or NS-Business Card.
- A compensation between €550-€785 per month, depending on your study progress and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a full-time internship
- Hybrid working policy.
- Opportunity to make a difference: You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement and valuation that can change the world.
- Opportunity to work and live with a sense of purpose.