Do you want to contribute to a clean energy transition? Do you care about looking further than the financial value of a company or product? Are you passionate about the impact economy? Do you want to discover the impacts of energy and infrastructure companies on the world, ranging from economic, to environmental and social? Do you want to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated consultancy/analyst intern to join our Energy & Water and Infrastructure (EWI) team to support our projects and products. The EWI team focuses on the True Price of energy, the impact on biodiversity by energy, water and infrastructure companies and many more groundbreaking topics. We want our work to be transformative and work with organisations and individuals who are up for the challenge.
- You work closely with energy, water and infrastructure team members on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
- You will work on the True Price of Energy
- You support our consultancy projects by:
– Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
– Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
– Working together with our data, software and research teams
- You perform research for our energy & utilities impact data solutions, e.g. to enrich our impact estimates for several energy technologies, such as wind, solar and gas.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6 month full-time internship
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- A compensation between €550-€785 per month depending on your study progress and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a fulltime internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop.
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree, working towards a MSc degree.
- Energy and/or sustainability and/or quantitative background (coursework in (sustainable) energy, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Ability to work in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to write in Dutch and English at academic level.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades to email@example.com. We are looking for an intern several moments throughout the year. The starting date can be discussed. Starting in February or sooner. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
Internship experience with the EWI consulting team
Marije Sesink, June 2021
When I encountered the vacancy for an internship with the Energy, Water and Infrastructure team of Impact Institute it appealed to me immediately and the experience has already been very exciting! Impact Institute is a young and dynamic company with a strong vision. The range of activities and projects that are ongoing to achieve this vision translates into a very open and dynamic work environment where there is a lot to learn for everyone. What impresses me most is everyone’s true ambition about the vision for a sustainable “new” economy and how this resonates throughout the work. The team is very fun to work with, open in communication, and optimistic!
I started as an Analyst Intern in February 2021 after finishing my BSc Sustainable Innovation. Although it was not possible yet to work at the office, an effort was made to make me feel welcome and get me up to speed. In the past months, I have been working on consulting and business development projects, both within the E&U team and collaborating with the data and software teams. Generally, I work on multiple projects and in different teams at a time, having in common the focus on creating valuable insights for clients based on thorough research and sound reasoning.
Throughout the entire internship, I found that there was room for gaining knowledge and developing skills in many different fields, as well as employing previously obtained experience. For me, my previous experience with energy-related topics allowed me to understand the context and add new perspectives more easily. I felt that as my understanding of Impact Institute’s work increased this naturally led to being able to give more valuable input and room for carrying responsibilities. I appreciate that there are plenty of opportunities to develop in-depth and professional skills and to contribute to the impact that Impact Institute is making!