Frequently Asked Questions on Impact Professional Programme
1. What is the Impact Professional Programme?
It is a set of development programmes. These programmes offer a range of practical tools, built on our proven methods, and learning experiences. These equip professionals with the right knowledge and skills to measure impact, steer on impact, and develop future business strategies.
2. What is an Impact Professional?
A professional with the right theoretical and practical knowledge to measure, value and steer on impact. An impact professional is able to apply impact as a concept in their day-to-day lives and use it as a proposition differentiator in stakeholder engagements.
3. For whom is the programme?
The programme addresses every professional in any field who wants to learn and build on their knowledge about impact, to develop their career as an impact professional and/ or contribute to their organisation.
4. I am currently not working for an organisation (e.g., freelancer, in-between jobs, student), is this a good programme for me?
Yes definitely. This programme is also suitable for an independent professional. This can equip you with hands-on experience in measuring, reporting and steering impacts which is useful for your future career in any type of organisation.
5. Where does the programme take place?
There are three options where you can follow the programme:
- In the Impact District, Haarlemmerplein 2, 1013 HS Amsterdam.
- Online participation – a 10% discount apply
- In your own company, in the case of five participants from your own organisation
6. Does the coronavirus (COVID-19) have consequences for how the programme is carried out?
Considering the COVID-19 circumstances, we are currently offering our programmes exclusively online. The programmes take place in real-time, where participants can interact with our experts.
7. I register for an offline participation, but I have COVID-19 symptoms during the date of the course, can I switch to online participation?
Yes, you can. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Will I receive a certificate after following any of the programmes?
Course and Training Programme
Upon completion of the course and the training programme, participants will receive a certificate of participation and passing the programme.
Certification Impact Professional Programme
Upon completion of the programme, participants will receive a certificate and be certified as an impact professional. With this title, the participant is fully equipped to measure, report and steer on impact independently.
9. How do I know if I am eligible to follow any of the programme?
Participants requirement can be found in our website and it differs per programme. In case of doubt, you can always send an email to email@example.com by attaching your CV.
10. What is the language of the delivery of the programmes?
The programmes are delivered in English. Exceptions can be made for in-company trainings.
11. Who will teach me in the programme?
You will be taught by reliable and inspiring experts in field to ensure the best knowledge transfer for participants. For more detail, please refer to our website.
12. How can I sign up for the programme?
You can register through this link.
13. When can I sign up for any of the programme?
The registration is always open for the period which is available. It is recommended that you sign up 2 to 4 weeks before the programme starts.
14. How can I pay for my enrolment?
You will receive an invoice after enrolment. You have to pay within 7 days after date of invoice, by bank transfer only. The bank details can be found in the invoice.
15. How can I cancel my enrolment?
You can cancel to your enrolment and are entitled to a cancellation policy depending on the period of your cancellation. You can send your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation within 14 days after enrolment (grace period)
We will issue a full refund within 14 days after a valid withdrawal. However, this does not apply to a non-consumer (e.g., company).
- Cancellation after grace period but up to 45 days prior to the start of the course
We will issue a 100% of the price paid by the participant.
- Cancellation after grace period but between 45-15 days prior to the start of the course
We will issue a 20% of the price paid by the participant.
- Cancellation at a later moment (or in a case of a no-show)
We will not issue a refund.
For more details about our cancellation policy, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
16. If I am not able to attend the programme due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., illness) that hamper me to attend the programme, may I be substituted by another person?
In principle yes, but not during halfway. You can submit a prior e-mail notice of substitution, including substituted participant’s details. Your substitute must meet the requirements set for the programme you registered.
17. Will I receive PE-Points upon completion of any of the programme?
We are currently working to be eligible to provide PE-Points to participants of our programme. Some organisations / associations can provide PE-Points which you can liaise with your own organisation. If you need help from us / in case of any doubt, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are a member of the Association of Register Controller (VRC), you will receive PE-Points upon completion of our programme.
18. I have sufficient knowledge about impact, can I skip the course: Start with Impact Measurement and Management and directly follow one of the training programmes or the certification programme?
It is always recommended to take the Course: Start with Impact Measurement and Management to equip you a basis knowledge for the follow-up training and certification programme. However, it is not mandatory. Any difficulty in following the advanced programme is beyond Impact Institute’s responsibility.
19. What are the real examples of knowledge application that we learned from any of the programme
- Impact analysis NewBees – this demonstrates one of the possible first steps in starting impact measurement of an organisation. Impacts are expressed in the relative size (in a bubble chart) and categorized per stakeholders. This allows comparison between impacts and between stakeholder group.
- True Price of Jeans – this demonstrates the assessment of externalities of a product that we wear on a daily basis. This publication was also published by several media. One of the examples can be found here by RTL Nieuws.
- Impact Assessment of lending to the automotive industry and to the palm oil industry – this demonstrates one of the possible first steps in starting impact measurement of an organisation. Impact assessment begins with pilot study which gives a practical insight on how the method is applied and how the impact information will be used by an organisation. Our method and these pilot studies were also reviewed by Singapore Management University’s (SMU) Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics. You can find the report here.
- ABN AMRO Impact Report 2019 – this demonstrates the ultimate application of impact measurement, reporting the whole organisation’s value creation towards its stakeholders and across different capitals. This report received a limited assurance.
- For more application examples, please refer to the publications here.
20. Can I also work with other frameworks and methodologies?
In the programme, we use our framework, for example, Framework for Impact Statements, IP&L Assessment Methodology, Impact Measurement and Valuation for Banks, Guide for Funders to Assess and Value Impacts, etc. These frameworks builds on many other frameworks that are referred to in the literature list, e.g., IIRC, GRI, Natural Capital Protocol. However, we also provide you with other methodologies, e.g., Impact Weighted Accounts Initiative of Harvard Business School. In addition, if there is any specific methodology that you want to address in the course, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Can I also get access to your tools, data and software during and after the course ?
During the programme, participants will work with insight from our experiences, including software and data. However, use of the software and access to the database is not a part of this programme.