Mondriaan Fonds is the largest public fund for art and cultural heritage in the Netherlands. The Mondriaan Fonds is looking into new financing options for cultural enterprises. Therefore it is looking into the the possibilities of impact investment and the impact of art.
For this project, the Impact Institute* calculated the societal impact of four artists or cultural enterprises. The impacts and enterprises that are part of the project are the following:
- Instituto Buena Bista: ‘Wellbeing increase through the display of art in public space on Curacao’ & ‘Intellectual capital increase of students’
- Renzo Martens: ‘Possible natural and social capital increase through regenerative program in Congo’
- The Nest collective: ‘Financial impacts of production and screening ‘ & ‘Awareness raising about society’
- Charl Landvreugd: ‘Wellbeing increase through exposure to art for a new target audience’ & ‘Awareness of discrimination’
Benefits to the client
The project helps the Mondriaan Fonds in creating a new financing stream for cultural enterprises and in proving the societal impact that financing the arts creates.
* The customer was working with the Impact Institute under its former name, True Price