Trainee – Strategic & financial analyst
Are you eager to have impact? Do you have strong analytical, data and entrepreneurial skills? Do you want to use your skills to make the world fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to support an ambitious, young and fast-growing organisation?
We are currently looking for a Strategic and financial analyst.
As Strategic and financial analyst, you are responsible for supporting the directors and management with formulating and executing the strategy of the organisation and providing the required (financial) information to make decisions and attract investments. Primary focus areas will be the growth strategy, attracting impact investments and organising business intelligence.
In this role, you will support management in formulating the strategy of Impact Institute by making evidence-based financial and strategic analyses and work on the business plans. In addition, you will support management in financing this strategy by helping attract impact investments to realise the envisioned growth. Also, you will support management in executing this strategy by supporting in the development and maintenance of the financial information and business intelligence system. Finally, you will support the strategic and financial team with analyses and other work as needed. You will work closely with the executive director, the chief of staff and the finance manager. You will report to the former and typically work under the supervision of the latter two.
Formulating the strategy
- Conduct financial analyses and forecasts to feed into the financial forecasts, business plan and annual plans.
- Conduct strategic, business and market analyses to feed into the financial forecasts, business plan and annual plans.
- Support management with strategy into operational plans with goals and key performance indicators.
- Write draft versions for parts of the business plans and annual plans.
Financing the strategy
- Conduct strategic, business, market and financial analyses for pitch decks to potential investors
- Contribute to preparing pitches and pitch decks for potential investors
- Support in doing analyses and preparing documents for current and new investors
- Support in providing legal and financial documentation for due diligence processes
Executing the strategy
- Support in developing and maintaining the financial information system
- Support in developing and maintaining the ERP and business intelligence system of the organisation and with steering on KPIs, together with the operations team.
- Support in further automatisation and professionalisation of the financial administration and processes.
- Support directors with financial and strategic analyses where needed
- Support executive director and chief of staff with preparing strategic meetings
- Support chief of staff with management reports
- Support finance manager with financial and management reports
- Support finance manager with financial analyses and business partnering
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Proactive, autonomous, diligent, result-driven and “can do” personality
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrable interest in entrepreneurship and affinity with strategy and finance
- Stress resistant
- Eager to learn new skills
- Bachelor’s degree including quantitative and analytical courses
- Educational or professional experience in business administration, finance, controlling or accounting
- Educational or professional experience in data science, business intelligence or IT
- Experience in excel modelling
- Programming skills are needed or to be developed
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Pleasant personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch
You will contribute to the transition of our economic system towards an impact economy that can change the world. You will be close to the driver’s seat.
You will face a steep but rewarding learning curve by working directly for senior management and experts in the field of entrepreneurship, impact, investing, finance and business. Your job will have a lot of variation and you will (have to) learn many skills, from how to set up a Business Intelligence system and formulate a multi-year strategy to how to pitch to an investor.
You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy and policies of the organisation and contribute to its further professionalisation and growth, as Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. You will be exposed to internal leads and external stakeholders. You will have opportunities to take on more strategic and financial responsibilities as you gain experience. In addition, you are expected to grow to a role where you also take more responsibilities in engaging with internal leads and external stakeholders.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before October 26, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.