Trainee – Operations Officer
Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to use your skills to make the world fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to support an ambitious, young and fast-growing organisation?
We are currently looking for an Operations Officer.
Impact Institute is an international organisation with an international team and clients. We work with our clients and partners to manage impact by measuring and valuing it. As Operations Officer you support our organisation by ensuring and continuously improving our operational effectiveness and efficiency. Your main responsibility is to ensure that our organisation’s daily activities run smoothly. This involves analysing performance data and developing and implementing plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency. You are part of the Operations team and report to the Operations Manager. You will become acquainted with and contribute to various different initiatives and projects of Impact Institute, so brace yourself for a steep learning curve.
Your main responsibilities are strategy execution, operational planning, management control, operational efficiency and contracting.
1. Support management team with translating strategy into operational plans with goals and monitor the execution and progress
2. In charge of annual and monthly goal and planning cycle of operational activities
3. Analyse and maintain operational data
4. Monitor and improve the processes of the organisation
5. Contribute to monitoring that projects are completed on-time, within budget and to customer satisfaction
6. Develop metrics for successful monitoring
7. Develop and implement plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
8. Make sure that all project managers receive timely, complete and accurate project management information.
9. Provide guidance to staff in resolving operational issues and problems
Legal, contracting and purchasing:
10. Support the Operations Manager with contracting with clients and customers
11. Maintain relations with suppliers
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Proactive, autonomous, diligent, result-driven and “can do” personality
- Adept problem-solver and decision-maker
- Stress resistant
- Bachelor/Master’s degree, preferably in business administration or similar subject
- 0-2 years relevant work experience in business operations, preferably in a scale up environment
- Pleasant personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch
You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement and valuation that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy and policies of the organisation and contribute to its further professionalisation and growth, as Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. You will have opportunities to take on more strategic tasks as you gain experience. You will develop your professional skills in general as well as your quantitative, reasoning, project management, personal and interpersonal skills.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before November 9, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.