Trainee – Energy & Utilities consultant (Dutch required)
Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Are you enthusiastic about social themes such as the energy transition, making transport more sustainable, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive society? Do you want to develop yourself as a (quantitative) consultant and be part of an ambitious and driven organisation?
We are looking for an Energy & Utilities consultant (trainee) to join our team.
We work with our clients and partners to manage impact by measuring and valuing it. In the Energy & Utilities team you work as a junior consultant in projects with a focus on energy and infrastructure. In addition, you will become acquainted with and contribute to various different initiatives and projects of Impact Institute, so brace yourself for a steep learning curve.
Impact Institute is an international organisation with an international team and clients. However, for Energy & Utilities we work a lot with Dutch organisations and for this we are exclusively looking for Dutch-speaking candidates.
Working as a trainee at Impact Institute
In our projects, we work together with our partners and customers to measure and value their impact, provide them with the tools to do it themselves and develop strategies for how they can manage and improve their impact. Your challenge is to contribute to analyses and strategies, develop data-oriented tools, collect data behind your desk and in the field, produce reports and present your work to the customer. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will contribute to highly motivated and fun teams.
- Delivering analyses, data, research and reports
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- Contributing to the design and sales of new products and projects
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, results driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a honest team player
- Stress resistant
- Master’s degree working and thinking level
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. economics, sustainable energy, econometrics, finance, industrial ecology, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Semi-professional extracurricular experience
- Nice and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English
You will have the opportunity to shape the organisation, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-versed in monetising external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in this field. You will work with organisations, small and large, that influence the economy. You will develop your professional skills in general as well as your quantitative, reasoning, project management, personal and interpersonal skills.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 26, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.