Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to use your software skills to make the world fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to support an ambitious, young and fast-growing organisation?
We are currently looking for a Software trainee.
Over the past few years Impact Institute has transformed their impact calculation from pen-and-paper and excel models to sophisticated software engines. Therefore, we are looking for a bright and motivated programmer to reinforce our young development team. Working with us, you have the opportunity to create mobile survey tools for sustainable farms in the emerging economies, and to create dashboards for environmental monitoring or the back-end of a bank’s sustainability model. Moreover, as a team member you help design tools for clients, support our analysts by creating sustainability models, devise new future products and come up with technical solutions.
- Part of the Software team that develops both internal software products as well as bespoke tools for clients
- support development of these products using mainly F# (a functional .NET-based language) and SQL
- assist in deploying aforementioned tools on our servers, performing quality checks and analysis, and running tests
- translate our IP&L and true pricing methods into models, tools and databases to be used by either our consulting teams or clients
- find solutions to methodological and implementation challenges, performing research on methods and data sources as well as on new technologies and frameworks
You are numerically minded and strongly driven to improve the state of the world. You are looking for professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you learn a lot and get the opportunity to have impact. You want to work at a growing social enterprise that is powered by innovation, solid analysis and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets the fast-growing demand of organizations worldwide.
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world more sustainable
- Master/bachelor’s degree in computing related subject (e.g. Computer Science) or quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics or Engineering)
- Programming experience through university coursework or self-study
- Experience with functional programming languages (e.g. Haskell or Lisp) or with .NET is a plus
- Experience with software engineering skills such as testing, code reviews and program design is a plus
- Experience with SQL, cloud computing, web-design and other related skills are a plus
- Experience with mathematical models, simulation or financial models is a plus
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Nice and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement that can change the world. In addition, you will become proficient in impact measurement and valuation, which foresees in a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, the Impact Institute is recognized as one of the front-runners in this field and you will be able to support them in digitizing their methodology You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. You will develop your quantitative, reasoning, personal and interpersonal skills and be challenged to go where you have not gone before.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before October 12, 2020.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.