Senior Business Controller
Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive economy? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven Senior Business Controller to strengthen our team!
For this role a highly motivated and results-driven individual with a passion for creating positive social and environmental impact through financial analysis and control. You have a track record of success in similar roles and be eager to take on new challenges and opportunities for professional growth and development. In this role you will be sparring partner for the business and will be in contact with our managers on their projects. You have excellent analytical skills and have critical questions based on your data driven analysis. With your excellent communication skills you can bring critical notes in a supportive way.
- Analyze financial data to identify risks and opportunities for improvement and growth
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business reviews and analyses
- Contribute to Annual Reporting processes of approx 10 entities
- Identify and analyze key business drivers and trends to provide insights to senior management
- Report to Head of Finance & Impact Control
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on the impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation which continues to evolve quickly. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the frontrunners in this field. We have worked with diverse organizations such as Hivos, Fairtrade International, NewBees, Tony’s Chocolonely, Randstad and Jumbo.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this role identifies as a person who is dedicated to driving change and will have:
- Completed Bachelor and or Master degree in finance
- 7-12 year working experience in finance, 3-5 year working experience as sr business controller in project oriented company
- Outstanding knowledge of business processes and accounting principles
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Experience with reporting/BI tools
- An ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
Moreover, the candidate will preferable have:
- Dutch is a plus
- Experience with Exact is a plus
- Experience with Anaplan is plus
- Work experience in a growth business/scale-up environment
What we offer
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture where own initiative is encouraged
- Active coaching and supervision
- Functional work area: Finance
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Company culture in which you are respected for who you are
- Variety of social events and activities organised each month
- Home-office and training budget to make yourself comfortable
- Hours per week: 32-40; 30 days of paid leave
Are you ready?
If you recognise yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis.
For more information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us.