Scrum Master Impact Technology
Are you eager to have an impact? Do you want to use your skills to make the economy fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are looking for a scrum master to strengthen our software and data team. The teams focus on impact software to make impact measurement and management accessible worldwide and global impact data to help organisations quantify their social and environmental impact.
As scrum master, you will fulfil the role as defined by the Scrum guide and be part of two product teams: (i) our software team and (ii) our data team. Both teams have around 5 developers and work towards the same goal: help companies measure and improve their impact by allowing them to intuitively make their own auditable impact weighted accounts with a flexible and extendable platform with standardized calculations and data. This impact platform is based on our state-of-the-art impact methodology developed together with Harvard Business School and Singapore University and uses our Global Impact Database.
Your role is vital through coaching the teams, facilitating the team meetings and events, tracking work in progress, helping to identify and remove blockages, and helping the team in improving efficiency. Second, you have the responsibility of helping the team with setting up their IT Operations (DevOps) as we onboard more and more clients to our platform.
- Facilitating Scrum and Agile events (e.g. Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives)
- Aligning Sprint deliverables to a managed and prioritised backlog
- Guide the teams to a high performing level
- Increase the efficiency of product teams by removing team impediments
- Setting up and improving specific business and technical processes in both IT and non-IT domains
- Identifying and reporting progress to management via appropriate metrics
You will contribute to a movement towards managing impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation that continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will get experience in the field of impact measurement and valuation, which is seen in a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field. You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. We have worked with diverse organizations such as ABN AMRO, Fairtrade International, NewBees, Randstad and PreZero.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is an experienced scrum master or a talented professional at the start of their career willing to develop in this position.
- Strong drive to contribute to a sustainable and inclusive economy through their professional life and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Excellent motivator, facilitator and communicator, passionate about making teams work together effectively
- Up to 4 years relevant work experience as a Scrum Master or similar
- Preferably certified as Scrum Master in relevant Agile frameworks (e.g. PSM1, SAFe 5.0 Scrum Master)
- Willingness to learn and ability to creatively solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
What we offer
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture, where everyone has the chance to take responsibility and help to shape the development of the company
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Active coaching and supervision in an informal environment
- Flexible working time with when applicable remote working possibility
- Training and a detailed personal impact plan that is built together with your manager
- Remuneration appropriate to the level of experience and a pension plan.
- Hours per week: 32-40
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis.
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our Vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.