Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Are you enthusiastic about social themes such as climate change and the energy transition, making the financial sector more sustainable, sustainable agri-food chains, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy? Do you want to be part of an ambitious and driven team that collaborates with trend-setting corporations, financial institutions, social enterprises and NGOs on these themes?
Do you love research and methodology development? Do you have strong analytical skills? Do you want to work in a dynamic and hands-on work environment, support research projects and make research come to life in knowledge sharing and client projects? Do you have an affinity with environmental, social and/or economic modelling?
We are looking for an impact and true price intern to join our Research teams.
- You work closely with the other research team members and support the further development of our methodological standards (such as IWAF).
- You will support the team with the operations (such as proofreading, summarising and overhead) through which you will get a thorough understanding of our methodology.
- During the internship, you will work towards a role in which you actively contribute to the further development of our methodological standards, for example by expanding on and incorporating case studies into our methodology.
- Depending on possibilities and demand, you will also be involved in more short-term, client-driven research projects and supporting projects for our education programs.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 5–6 month full-time internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Bachelor Degree, based on a full-time internship
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Masters Degree, based on a full-time internship
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have an impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Impact, Sustainability, Business, Economics, Analytics, Life cycle analysis
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at an organisation that works based on solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed bachelor’s degree and working towards a master’s degree, or recently finished master’s degree.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, proven by a relevant degree or academic achievements.
- Background related to the sustainability field (e.g. degree in environmental economics, industrial ecology, econometrics, sustainable development, global business and sustainability, environmental science, engineering) or related work experience is highly appreciated.
- Affinity with sustainable development.
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver;
- Ability to write in English at the related academic level. Ability to write in Dutch or Dutch fluency is a plus.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org ultimately 31 January 2022. We review applications on a rolling basis. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.