Public Entrepreneurship Intern
Are you eager to have impact? Do you have strong communicational and entrepreneurial skills? Do you want to use your skills to make the world fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to support an ambitious, young and fast-growing organisation?
We are currently looking for a motivated Public Entrepreneurship intern to join our office in Amsterdam. Public entrepreneurship encompasses the realization of public goals (such as the creation of knowledge, standards, coalitions and open data/tools) with entrepreneurial means. In particular, you will be working on partnerships with governments, universities, NGOs and social enterprises. An important element is your contribution to the partnership with the Impact Economy Foundation and True Price.
- You will be supporting our Public Entrepreneurship activities in establishing partnerships, working on standardization projects, making a communication plan and researching the impact measurement market
- You will be helping with running the day-to-day-activities and external communication
- You will be driving in developing and implementing organizational processes for start-ups with process mapping and templates
- You will be part of the project teams working on activities for different foundations with regard to standard incubation and community building
- You will work on community building for an Impact Economy by engaging with impact professionals
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 4–6 month full-time internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Bachelor Degree, based on a full time internship
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Masters Degree, based on a full time internship
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Sustainability, Business, Economics, Finance, Communications
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at an organisation that works based on solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Higher Vocational Education/University degree (bachelor required)
- Relevant background (coursework in business administration, entrepreneurship, marketing, communications, community management)
- Affinity with sustainable development, entrepreneurship, economics and communications
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and a structured way of working
- Ability to write in Dutch and English at academic level. Dutch fluency is a plus.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org We review applications on a rolling basis. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.