Impact Institute is a social enterprise with a mission to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We are well-known for our innovative ways to help redefine a company’s purpose and quantify and optimise its value to society. Impact Institute believes businesses have an important role to play in realising a more just, inclusive, and sustainable world respecting human rights and the planetary boundaries. Impact-driven organisations use a fact-based approach for measuring the financial, environmental, and social impact of their activities – throughout their value chains – and integrate this into their purpose, strategy, decision-making, and reporting. They are better able to own their strategic narrative, uncover new value opportunities, drive long-term performance, and anticipate emerging risks, thereby accelerating societal transitions.
About the role
As consultant you work with impactful organisations in the food, energy and/or finance sector to accelerate the transition to a more just society. You will be part of a growing team that helps organisations transform by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage their impact. You will apply Impact Measurement & Valuation and True Pricing methods, and advise our clients throughout their Impact Journey.
You will work in consulting projects where you combine project management and lead analyst roles. You contribute to or lead analyses and develop recommendations, present your work to clients – and exercise influence to bring about change. In addition, you work with your Consulting colleagues in other sector teams to share knowledge, work on product development, and innovate the way we work.
- Contribute to and/or manage multiple consulting projects that exceed client expectations.
- Ensure analyses and deliverables are of high quality to make a real difference for organisations and the sector.
- Help build long-term collaborations by inspiring, engaging, and being a trusted advisor.
- Take ownership of project control: delivering on time, within set budgets, and exceeding client expectations
- Lead and/or contribute to innovative and complex propositions and projects
- Mentor and empower the project team’s junior members supporting these projects
- Contribute to sales engagements and establish relations with clients
- Drive and dedication to bringing about sustainable change
- Experience in consultancy, and in one of the sectors Food, Sustainable Finance, and/or Energy.
- Drive, willingness to learn, and proven ambition to contribute to a better world
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch is a pre
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in consulting and/or project-oriented roles
- strong analytical and quantitative skills and affinity with complex projects and data modelling, evidenced for example by a relevant degree and/or professional track record
- Proactive, autonomous, diligent, result-driven, and “can do” personality
- Motivation to contribute to the social fabric of a rapidly growing organisation
- Completed relevant Master’s degree
These are some of the things we consider important for the role. If you recognise yourself in these points, we would be happy to hear from you what valuable skills you can bring to our team. We are aware that the ideal candidate does not exist, so, what if you’re a partial fit? We prioritise grit, optimism, and the willingness to get stuck in to create a positive impact. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Why Impact Institute?
- A lively, flexible, and stimulating scale-up working environment where own initiative is encouraged
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Company culture in which you are respected for who you are
- Active coaching, continuous learning, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc.)
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to make an impact
- Variety of social events and activities organised each month
- Home-office and training budget to make yourself comfortable
- An inspired atmosphere amidst colleagues who spearheaded the field of impact measurement
- International working environment
- Hours per week: 32-40; 30 days of paid leave on a full-time basis
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com ultimately on the 15th of June 2023. We review applications on a rolling basis.
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.