Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Are you enthusiastic about social themes such as the climate change and the energy transition, making transport more sustainable, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy? Do you want to develop yourself as a hands-on quantitative researcher and be part of an ambitious and driven organization that collaborates with corporations, financial institutions, social enterprises and NGOs on these teams? We are looking for a full time junior researcher to join our team.
Impact Institute is an international organisation with an international team and clients. We work with our clients and partners to manage impact by measuring and valuing it. In order to do so, we need to be able to answer many questions. What exactly is impact? Can the impact of Covid-19 on people and organisations be expressed in numbers? If we scan an agricultural value chain, how can natural capital and social capital effects be quantified and monetized? What are the external costs of a product?
In the Research team you work as a junior researcher on answering such questions. Your will contribute to analyses and strategies, develop data-oriented tools, collect data behind your desk and in the field, produce reports and present your work in the most convincing way. In addition, you work with colleagues in the Consulting teams to apply newly acquired knowledge in projects with our clients and partners, ranging from Universities to international banks, and to local sustainable entrepreneurs.
With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will join our highly motivated and fun teams. Brace yourself for a steep learning curve.
- Delivering analyses, new methods, data, research and reports
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- Contributing to the design of new products and projects
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, results driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a honest team player
- Eager to learn, to deliver research on time and to a high quality; able to cope with stress and uncertainty
- Master’s degree working and thinking level – A PhD degree is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. environmental economics, industrial ecology, econometrics, quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Familiarity with concepts and techniques in life cycle analysis, natural capital assessment and social capitalis highly appreciated
- At least 2 years of professional working experience in a quantitative academic or consultancy setting. Semi-professional extracurricular experience is a plus for candidates with academic background.
- Nice and fun personality with interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch or other global languages (e.g., French, Spanish, Chinese) is a plus
You will have the opportunity to shape the organisation, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-versed in monetising external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of true pricing and Integrated Profit & Loss. You will work with organisations, small and large, that want to influence the economy to evolve to be more sustainable and inclusive. You will develop your professional skills in general as well as your quantitative, reasoning, project management, personal and interpersonal skills.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com ultimately November 27, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.