Junior Controller / Finance Trainee
Do you want to make a real impact with your Finance skills? Are you driven to serve an organisation that makes a difference in the world by working on social themes such as the climate change and the energy transition, making transport more sustainable, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy?
Do you want to develop yourself as a hands-on Junior Controller and be part of an ambitious and driven organisation that collaborates with corporations, financial institutions, social enterprises, and NGOs on these teams?
We are looking for a Junior Controller (Trainee) to strengthen our Finance team to support and optimize all recurring Finance processes.
Who are we?
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimise their impact, create for sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our Finance processes, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. You will report directly to the Finance Manager who will coach you to become a strong all-round controller.
Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of True Pricing, Impact Measurement & Valuation and Integrated Profit & Loss. We work with organisations, small and large, that want to help realise an impact economy which is more sustainable and inclusive. You will develop your professional skills in general as well as annual reporting, monthly close, KPI reporting, sales reporting, budgeting, forecasting, business case, cash management, personal and interpersonal skills.
You will be dedicated help for the Finance manager with all kinds of interactions with the business. The role is supporting to the underlying Finance domains: Accounting and Tax, Treasury, Reporting & Control and Business Partnering.
In this role you will prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly management information and contribute to projects and represent Finance.
- Prepare weekly sales and weekly debtors to interact on monthly and quarterly result
- Prepare checks for the monthly creditors
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Document and optimize Finance processes
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, results driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a true team player
- Accurate, resilient, loyal, sincere
- Master’s degree working and thinking level preferred
- Finance and control working experience preferred (1-3 years)
- Strong Financial skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. finance and control, economics)
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
- IT-skills are preferred
Are you excited
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we would love to get in touch. Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ultimately 31 August 2021. We will review applications after the deadline.
Questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries.