Financial Services Consulting Intern
Are you ready to make a real impact? Are you driven to make a difference in the world by helping to make our financial sector more sustainable and thereby contributing to themes such as climate change, energy transition, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy?
Would you like to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization that collaborates with the leading banks, impact investors and asset managers on these themes?
We are looking for an Intern to strengthen our Financial Services Consulting team that wants to contribute to realising a more sustainable financial sector, thereby mobilising banks, and investors to accelerate the transition to a more inclusive economy and financing of the SDGs.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimise their positive impact, to create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-skilled in monetising external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide.
Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of True Pricing, Impact Measurement & Valuation and Integrated Profit & Loss. We work with organisations, small and large, that want to help realise an impact economy which is more sustainable and inclusive.
You will have the opportunity to kick-start and accelerate the development of your professional skills in general as well as your quantitative, reasoning, project management, consulting, personal and interpersonal skills:
- You will be working as a member of the project team that calculates societal impacts for companies and organizations.
- You will (learn to) perform quantitative analysis on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data, for advisory and research projects.
- You will contribute to conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their positive impact.
- From the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Over time, you will have the opportunity to get more responsibilities and contribute throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
You are a hands-on professional who is looking for an experience in a stimulating environment, where you will be constantly learning and getting the opportunity to work on projects that have a positive impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
Key requirements include:
- University degree completed (bachelor required, preferably master)
- Quantitative background (coursework in econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainability, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background,
- Ability to write in English at academic level. Dutch fluency is a plus, as is knowledge of Spanish.
What do we offer
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 6 month full-time internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Bachelor Degree, based on a fulltime internship
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Masters Degree, based on a fulltime internship
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- The opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Sustainability, Business, Economics, Environment, Sociology, Life cycle assessment, Finance, Impact assessment.
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses
Are you enthusiastic?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change? We would love to get in touch! Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter and a list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis and aim to start the internship as soon as possible.
We will review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries.