We are currently looking for a motivated consultancy/analyst intern to join our Energy & Water and Infrastructure (EWI) team to support our projects and products. The EWI team focuses on the True Price of energy, the impact on biodiversity by energy, water and infrastructure companies and many more groundbreaking topics. We want our work to be transformative and work with organisations and individuals who are up for the challenge.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
- You work closely with energy, water and infrastructure team members on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
- You will work on the True Price of Energy
- You support our consultancy projects by:
– Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
– Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
– Working together with our data, software and research teams
- You perform research for our energy & utilities impact data solutions, e.g. to enrich our impact estimates for several energy technologies, such as wind, solar and gas.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6 month full-time internship
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- A compensation between €425 and €650 per month depending on your study progress and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a fulltime internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop.
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree, working towards a MSc degree.
- Energy and/or sustainability and/or quantitative background (coursework in (sustainable) energy, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Ability to work in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to write in English at academic level.