Internship: Software Intern
Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to make the world fairer, more inclusive and sustainable? Do you want to do an internship at an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated intern to join our office in Amsterdam.
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that helps organizations measure, monetize and improve their impact. We give organizations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Our platform and research services aim to contribute to a circular and inclusive economy that creates value for all people by providing the information needed for such an economy.
- You are part of the Software team that develops products to support both ourselves and our clients with measuring impact
- Contribute to the design and programming of these tool using the functional language F# and SQL
- Translate our methodologies into models, tools and databases that the project teams can use
- Find solutions to methodological challenges and do research on methods and data
- Assist the project teams with challenges that come up in project work
- Test and use the tools together with the project teams
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 5– 6 month internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for interns with a completed bachelor’s Degree
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for interns with a completed master’s Degree
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance/business demand
- Functional work area: Tool and software development, Sustainability, Business, Environment, Life cycle assessment, Impact assessment
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses, Lunch (when Corona restrictions allow)
You are numerically minded and strongly driven to improve the state of the world. You are looking for professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you learn a lot and get the opportunity to have impact. You want an internship at a growing social enterprise that works on the basis of innovation, solid analysis and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets the fast-growing demand of organizations worldwide.
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world more sustainable
- Bachelor/Master’s in computing related subject (e.g. Computer Science) or quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics or Engineering)
- Programming experience through university coursework or self-study. Experience with functional programming languages (e.g. Haskell or Lisp) or .NET is a plus
- Practical experience with SQL databases or cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Nice and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price