Internship: Business Development Impact Data
Are you ready to make a real impact? Are you driven to make a difference in the world by helping to make our financial sector more sustainable and thereby contributing to themes such as climate change, energy transition, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy?
Would you like to develop yourself as a business developer in the fast-growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organisation that collaborates with the leading banks, impact investors and asset managers on these themes?
We are looking for a Business Development Intern to strengthen our Data team. The data team delivers solutions to calculate the economic, social and environmental impacts of organisations, and investments to support banks and investors to accelerate the transition to a more inclusive economy and financing of the SDGs.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimise their positive impact, to create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price and we helped launch the Impact Economy Foundation and the Banking for Impact Working Group.
Our data team works with several leading global organisations in the banking and financial services industry and beyond. Our solutions reduce the hurdles for clients to start measuring and managing their impact by making data more accessible. We are currently expanding our existing client base and are looking for a Business Development Intern to support scaling up.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-skilled in monetising external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide.
Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of True Pricing, Impact Measurement & Valuation and Integrated Profit & Loss. We work with organisations, small and large, that want to help realise an impact economy which is more sustainable and inclusive.
You will have the opportunity to accelerate the development of your professional skills needed to become a business developer in the field of impact measurement, ESG and finance:
- Learn about the sustainability data solutions used in the financial world, such as impact data, ESG, and risk scores
- Be involved in all the steps needed to turn sustainability data into a value proposition for clients.
- Learn how we use our sales strategy to bring our data solutions to asset managers, banks, large corporates, and multinationals integrating impact in their daily practices
- Be involved in the management of the leads in the sales funnel, helping the team to convert potential interest into conversations, proposals and ultimately sales.
- From the start you will do supplementary research and help to prepare content for our marketing channels or information for prospective clients. Over time and depending on your interest, you will be more actively involved in the acquisition of new clients.
You are a hands-on graduate or professional who is looking for an experience in a stimulating environment, where you will be constantly learning and getting the opportunity to work on projects that have a positive impact. You are excited to get experience in the data market and at a social enterprise that works with science-based data for sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organisations worldwide.
Key requirements include:
- Ambitious person with a drive to learn and improve the world
- University degree completed (bachelor required, preferably master)
- Interest in business development and entrepreneurial endeavours
- Affinity with sustainability, business consulting, finance, social or environmental sciences.
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background,
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Dutch fluency is a plus.
Our office is in Amsterdam. Options for partially remote work can be discussed.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed bachelor’s degree, based on a fulltime internship
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed master’s degree, based on a fulltime internship
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- The opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Sustainability, Business, Finance, Data science, Impact measurement.
- A 6-month internship (negotiable if needed)
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter and a list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis and aim to start the internship as soon as possible.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.