Food Transition Lead
About the role
As the Food transition lead, you help develop and translate the strategy, business models, products, and activities of organisations in food and agriculture into real-world impact. You are responsible for the business development of the Future of Food team and for creating a wide portfolio of clients. You are a seasoned professional in the food industry, with a strong network, and are comfortable building external relations. You work together with your Consulting colleagues to share knowledge and contribute to new ideas that help accelerate the transition to a more just and transparent food system. With your drive, management, experience in the food industry, and consulting skills you can build successful teams and provide valuable expert advice to our senior client stakeholders to bring about change.
The Future of Food team has a focus on creating a sustainable food system including topics such as materials used for packaging. The team works on challenges and opportunities like biodiversity improvement, the protein transition, farmers’ and workers’ rights, supply chain transparency, and food security. You are responsible for the delivery of our work to our clients and can manage multiple commitments in parallel. In our projects, you will help develop recommendations as to how impact can be optimised.
The Future of Food team currently consists of ~10 highly skilled professionals including ~2 managers supported by a number of consultants and analysts. You will also be a member of the Consulting Management Team together with the team leads of the other two consulting teams: Sustainable Finance and Energy.
- Develop a Future of Food team with impact
- Lead sales and business development activities
- Establish and build up a network of impact-driven clients that have a real-world impact on Food and Agri
- Oversee and lead innovative and complex propositions and projects
- Help build long-term collaborations and coalitions by inspiring, engaging, and being a trusted advisor
- Experience and network in the food industry, supply chain management, agriculture, and commodities
- Drive, willingness to learn, and proven ambition to contribute to a better world
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch is a pre
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience in consulting and management roles
- Proven leadership skills enabling you to interact and inspire at various levels with impact
- Proactive, autonomous, diligent, result-driven and “can do” personality
- Motivation to contribute to the social fabric of a rapidly growing organisation
- Completed relevant Master’s degree
These are some of the things we consider important for the Food transition lead role. If you recognise yourself in these points, we would be happy to hear from you what valuable skills you can bring to our team. We are aware that the ideal candidate does not exist, so, what if you’re a partial fit? We prioritise grit, optimism, and the willingness to get stuck in to create a positive impact. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Why Impact Institute?
- A lively, flexible, and stimulating scale-up working environment where own initiative is encouraged
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Company culture in which you are respected for who you are
- Active coaching, continuous learning, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc.)
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to make an impact
- Variety of social events and activities organised each month
- Home-office and training budget to make yourself comfortable
- An inspired atmosphere amidst colleagues who spearheaded the field of impact measurement
- International working environment
- Hours per week: 32-40; 30 days of paid leave
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ultimately on the 15th of April 2023. We review applications on a rolling basis.
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
Impact Institute is a social enterprise with a mission to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We are well-known for our innovative ways to help redefine a company’s purpose and quantify and optimise its value to society. We do so by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governments – the information they need to own their strategic narrative, uncover new opportunities, anticipate emerging risks, and manage their long-term performance. Read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.