Do you want to make a real impact with your Finance skills? Are you driven to support an organisation that makes a difference in the world by helping to make the world more sustainable by contributing to themes such as climate change, energy transition, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity, and an inclusive economy?
Would you like to develop yourself as a hands-on Financial Controller and be part of an ambitious and driven organisation that collaborates with leading organisations on these themes?
We are looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen our Finance team to support and optimize all recurring Finance processes.
You will have the opportunity to optimize our Finance processes, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. You will report directly to the Finance Manager who will coach you to become an all-round controller.
Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the front runners in the field of True Pricing, Impact Measurement & Valuation and Integrated Profit & Loss. You will work with organisations, small and large, that want to help realize an impact economy that is more sustainable and inclusive. You will develop your professional skills and interpersonal skills in general as well as annual reporting, consolidation, finance for Foundations, monthly close (debtors, creditors, bank, memorials), taxation, treasury, subsidies, budgeting, forecasting and transfer pricing.
In this role, you will be part of the Finance team and supports the Finance Manager with all kinds of interactions with the business. The role is supporting the underlying Finance domains: Accounting and Tax, Treasury, Reporting & Control and Business Partnering.
As a Financial Controller you will work on preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly management information and contribute to projects and represent Finance. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will contribute to highly motivated and fun teams. Brace yourself for a steep learning curve!
- Process monthly figures with checks and balances for (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow) from debtors, creditors, bank mutations and memorial for all companies and foundations
- Prepare annual reports of all entities starting from January
- Control and contribute to the creditor’s process and provide a payment proposal
- Weekly report on debtors
- Support future finance processes p.e. transfer-pricing from SLA’s between companies
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Document and optimize finance processes
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating scale-up working environment.
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to make an impact
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, results driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a true team player
- Accurate, resilient, loyal and sincere
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
- 3-6 years of professional working experience in Finance and Control
- Master’s degree working and thinking level preferred
- Strong Financial skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. finance and control, economics)
- IT skills (Office and Anaplan) are preferred
Are you enthusiastic?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change? We would love to get in touch! Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We will review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realize the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimize their positive impact, to create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.