Do you want to make a real impact with your controller skills? Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive economy? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are looking for a passionate, self-driven Financial/Business Controller to strengthen our team!
Your role is to contribute to all finance and accounting operations and identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions. You will also support the team to prepare and analyze management information. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will contribute to highly motivated and fun teams. This role is interesting for young professionals interested in a broad finance role with growth opportunities.
- Contribute to the internal IP&L (Impact Profit & Loss) project
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business reviews and analyses
- Analyze financial data to identify risks and opportunities for improvement and growth
- Contribute to Annual Reporting processes of approx. 10 entities
- Assist quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Report functionally to the Strategic and Financial Analyst and directly to the Head of Finance & Impact Control
- Report functionally directly to the Finance Director
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on the impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation which continues to evolve quickly. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the frontrunners in this field. We have worked with diverse organizations such as Fairtrade International, ABN AMRO, NewBees, Tony’s Chocolony, Olympia and Jumbo.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this role identifies as a person who is dedicated to driving change and will have:
- Completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance
- Starter of 1-2 year working experience in a comparable function
- Outstanding knowledge of business processes and accounting principles
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- An ambitious person with a drive to improve the world and make it more sustainable
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Perfect knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Based in the Netherlands
Moreover, the candidate will preferable have:
- Dutch is a plus
- Experience with Exact is a plus
- Experience with Anaplan is a plus Work experience in a growth business/scale-up environment is a plus
What we offer
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- Active coaching and supervision
- Functional work area: Finance
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop
- Flexibility to work from home part-time
Are you ready?
If you recognise yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis.
For more information about this position, please contact email@example.com.
We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.