Finance Business Partner / Controller
Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to make the world fairer, inclusive and sustainable? Do you want to continue your career at an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner/ Controller.
In this critical role as Finance Business Partner / Controller, you are responsible for the planning and control of the Impact Institute, the automation and optimization of financial administration, and supporting the company to drive the business forward.
In this role, you will improve and monitor the financial processes and reporting, the Planning & Control cycle, and the quality of the information required to achieve the objectives within Impact Institute. In this role, you will support the development of the sales and business development.
This function has a lot of variation: from optimization of financial processes to business performance improvement. You report directly to the Operations Manager.
You will have the opportunity to shape the organization, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-versed in monetizing external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the front runners in this field.
- Automating and ensuring correct and timely recording, processing, analyzing and reporting of financial data.
- Providing proactive proposal, implementation of improvements, and professionalization of the planning & control cycle.
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly financial reports and other management reports.
- Financial risk management and treasury: Managing the financial risks and guaranteeing the liquidity and solvability of the organization at all times.
- Ensuring the organization meets all tax requirements
- Internal control and reporting: credit control, audit, annual accounts, reporting
- Responsible for producing financial forecasts and profitability scenarios that support the growth of the business.
- Together with management team, prepare information and liaise with investors and attract impact investors when needed
- Developing business cases to support and contribute to Sales and Business Development
- Additional tasks can be incorporated as part of this role depending on the interests and skills of the candidate
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, result driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a team player
- Stress resistant
- Bachelor’s degree, background required in finance/controlling/accounting
- 4-6 years relevant work experience in finance/control/accounting
- Work experience in a growth business/ scale up environment
- Pleasant personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before April 26 2019. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that contributes to the creation of an economy that creates value for all. We do so by helping organizations quantify, value, and improve their impact on society. We assist multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governmental organizations with risk management and strategic decision making by providing insights into their impacts and their associated risks and opportunities. The Impact Institute has developed the first method worldwide to quantify social and environmental costs of products as well as the first method to make an integrated Profit & Loss account.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price