Our data and software teams deliver impactful solutions to calculate the economic, social and environmental impacts of organisations, projects and investments to support decision makers. We work with several leading international organisations in the Financial Services industry and beyond. Our solutions reduce the hurdles for clients to start measuring and managing their impact by making data more accessible. We are currently looking to expand our existing client base and are looking for a Senior Manager Business Development Data & Software to support scaling up.
You will be at the forefront of the rapidly growing field of impact measurement and valuation and will see the way global markets operate transform in the coming decade from up close. You will work with large international organisations in the financial sector and other sectors.
You will be part of a broader movement to empower organisations and individuals to realise the Impact Economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We believe in the necessity to create a growing movement and involve institutions, organisations, professionals and consumers in the transition from a financial economy to an impact economy.
You will have the opportunity to shape the marketing and sales strategy that will bring our data and software solutions to asset managers, banks, large corporates, and multinationals integrating impact in their daily practices. You will contribute the further professionalisation and growth of the team, as Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly.
In this role you are responsible for the business development of our data and software services. Your main responsibilities are:
- Leading business development units of data (1.5 FTE, growing to 3) and software (growing to 1 FTE) areas.
- Reporting to the director of the data and software business unit
- Responsible for the commercial growth of our data and software business
- Laying out commercial growth strategy, including marketing and sales, based on existing product strategy
- Liasing with clients and finding ways how our products and technologies can add value to clients as well as have positive impact. Translate rapidly-changing business and technology issues into relevant value propositions for clients
- Managing key sales leads and accounts
- Revenue generation
- Produce forecasts and manage the sales funnel
- Setting up sales process.
- Designing and implementing marketing strategy in collaboration with data business development unit fellow marketeers in group
- Coordinating business development and marketing and optimizing synergies within technology business and with other Impact Institute business units (consulting, education, research).
- Work closely with product managers and owners to improve the product, and provide input to create/update the product roadmaps for new/existing products. Help creating commercial awareness in tech team members.
- Personally lead and empower BD teams to successfully carry out sales engagements, establish relations with clients and close deals, and help to professionalize the BD team’s recruitment and learning processes.
Data webpage Impact Institute: https://www.impactinstitute.com/products/global-impact-database/
Software webpage Impact Institute: https://www.impactinstitute.com/products/software/
- You drive business development, marketing and sales of the Data and Software team
- You know how to translate rapidly-changing business and technology issues into relevant value propositions
- You help develop and market data products that make impact measurement easier for our clients
- You lead sales engagements, establish relations with clients and close deals
- You produce forecasts and manage the sales funnel
- You challenge the thinking of our clients to help them attain their goals in new ways
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Passion and track record for generating and securing business opportunities in dynamic and growing markets
- 5+ years relevant work experience in sales and business development
- Work experience in a scale up environment, or ambition to work in one
- Affinity with data-as-a-service business models and experience in the financial sector are a plus
- Fluency in English
Our office is in Amsterdam. Options for partially remote work can be discussed.