Strategic Data Scientist (junior, medior, senior)
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that aims to contribute to the creation of an economy that creates value for all. We do so by helping organizations quantify, value, and improve their impact on society. We assist multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governmental organizations with risk management and strategic decision-making by providing insights into their impacts and their associated risks and opportunities. The Impact Institute has developed the first method worldwide to quantify social and environmental costs of products as well as the first method to make an integrated Profit & Loss account. The Impact Institute is an initiative of True Price and the team of the Impact Institute is also involved with the work of True Price.
In this role, you will work on the interface between strategy consulting and a data science. In this important role, you work in teams to deliver data-driven strategic analyses and solutions to help businesses, NGOs and governments improve their impact. You will use quantitative and data-driven methods to deliver analyses that support decision making and make datasets of strategic importance. This involves on the one hand the making of strategic spreadsheet models and on the other hand analyzing and transforming large datasets. With help of developers, you will also build database structures (e.g. in SQL) and write code for statistical models and solutions (e.g. Python, F#). The level of autonomy and responsibility depends on whether you enter at the junior, medior or senior level. You will operate within a fast-growing and important part of the company and you will be able to join in shaping the future solutions that the Impact Institute will deliver to clients. You will contribute to solutions that we offer to our customers to measure and value their impact, provide them with the tools to do it themselves and develop strategies on how they can manage and improve their impact. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you contribute to highly motivated and fun teams. You report to a project manager.
- Delivering data-driven solutions
- Handling datasets and building database structures (e.g. SQL)
- Writing code (e.g. Python, F#) for statistical models and solutions
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- Contribute to designing and selling new products and projects
- Improving and developing innovative methodologies and tools
- Troubleshooting where necessary
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make world sustainable
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field is required (e.g. data science, computer science, artificial intelligence, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering), PhD is a plus for a senior position
- 1-4 years relevant work experience in a developer, analyst or consultant position, where experience determines whether you enter as junior associate, associate or senior associate. Exceptional candidates without work experience can be considered for a trainee position.
- Experience in carrying out data analysis and/or software and tool development
- Experience in programming (e.g. Python, F#) and SQL is a plus
- Pro-active, autonomous, result-driven and “can-do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and honest team player
- Nice and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent communication skills which enables you to interact with peers and senior professionals
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy and policies of the Impact Institute, as we are still a relatively young and small organization. In addition, you will become an expert in impact measurement and valuation, which foresees in a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, the Impact Institute is recognized as one of the front-runners in this field. You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. We have worked with diverse organizations such as AkzoNobel, ABN AMRO, Achmea, BAM, DSM, Schiphol, Triodos, Rabobank, Tony’s Chocolonely, Hivos, ICCO, CNV, Fairtrade International, the Sustainable Food Trust and the United Nations (UNEP). You will develop your quantitative, reasoning, personal and interpersonal skills and be challenged to go where you have not gone before.
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price.