Consultant Financial Services
Are you ready to make a real impact? Are you driven to make a difference in the world by helping to make our financial sector more sustainable and thereby contributing to themes such as climate change, energy transition, impacts on the living environment, preservation of biodiversity and an inclusive economy?
Would you like to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization that collaborates with leading organisations on these themes?
We are looking for a Consultant to strengthen our Financial Services Consulting team that wants to contribute to realising a more sustainable financial sector, thereby mobilising (impact) investors to accelerate the transition to a more inclusive economy and financing of the SDGs.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation, as the Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become well-skilled in monetising external costs and impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide.
Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of True Pricing, Impact Measurement & Valuation and Integrated Profit & Loss. You will work with organisations, small and large, that want to help realise an impact economy which is more sustainable and inclusive. You will develop your professional skills in general as well as your quantitative, reasoning, project management, consulting, personal and interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will be part of a team that supports our financial services clients transform their organisations by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage their impact. You will operate in a new but growing domain, implement the Impact Measurement & Valuation and True Pricing methods, and advise our clients throughout their Impact Journeys.
As a Consultant you will work in consulting projects, contribute to analyses and strategies, develop impact models, contribute to reports, build client relations – and engage with the sector to effect change. In addition, you work with your Consulting colleagues in other sector teams to develop propositions and products and share knowledge. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will contribute to highly motivated and fun teams. Brace yourself for a steep learning curve!
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating scale-up working environment.
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to make an impact
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, autonomous, results driven and “can do” personality
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a true team player
- Resilient, eager to learn, develop, and deliver in projects.
- Manage time and uncertainty in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Ability to communicate about technical topics with people without a technical background.
- Master’s degree at working and thinking level
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in consultancy, traineeships, or project-based roles.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. economics, econometrics, finance, industrial ecology, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Affinity with Sustainable Finance, (Impact) Investing, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
Are you excited?
Do you recognise yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change? We would love to get in touch! Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ultimately 15 November 2021.
We will review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimise their positive impact, to create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.