Consultant Energy & Utilities
Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Do you want to support organisations in energy transition, water transition and mobility shift on a strategic and tactical level? Are you passionate about accelerating the transition to an impact economy and build from 10 years of trailblazing impact measurement and valuation? Do you want to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated consultant to join our Energy & Utilities team.
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise of 40+ professionals that helps organizations measure, monetize and improve their impact. We give organizations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Our platform and research services aim to contribute to a circular and inclusive economy that creates value for all people by providing the information needed for such an economy.
Impact Institute is an international organisation with an international team and clients. We support our clients and partners to manage impact by measuring and valuing it. Integrating impact in decision-making is a business transformation towards measuring and managing what really matters (impact beyond financial), having data and software to do that efficiently and effectively, changing reporting, future-proof governance, etc. Our consulting services are about supporting our clients in this transformation – from impact assessments to impact strategy.
In the Consulting Energy and Utilities team you work as a consultant with clients in the energy, water and infra sectors. You will work in our consulting projects, contribute to analyses and strategies, develop impact models, contribute to reports, build client relations – and engage with the sector to effect change. In addition, you work with your Consulting colleagues in other sector teams to develop propositions and products, share knowledge and contribute to projects.
With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will join our highly motivated and fun teams. Brace yourself for a steep learning curve.
Impact Institute’s consulting area is growing fast and in its scale-up phase. You will have the opportunity to develop our organisation and the organisations we work with. You will become well-versed in impact measurement, which meets a fast-growing demand of organisations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognised as one of the front runners in the field of true pricing and Integrated Profit & Loss. You will work with organisations, small and large, that want to influence the economy to evolve to be more sustainable and inclusive. You will further develop your professional skills in general as well as your entrepreneurial, quantitative, project management, personal and interpersonal skills.
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating scale-up working environment.
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Pro-active, self-starting and results driven
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, and honest team player
- Eager to learn, develop, and deliver in projects.
- Manage time and uncertainty in a dynamic consulting environment.
- Ability to communicate about technical topics with people without a technical background.
- At least 1 year of professional working experience in consultancy, traineeships, or project-based roles.
- Master’s degree working and thinking level
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. engineering, sustainable energy, water management, environmental economics, industrial ecology, econometrics, quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, chemistry)
- Affinity with energy systems, sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Experience with programming, (financial) modelling and/or databases is a plus
- Nice and fun personality with interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com ultimately October 20, 2021. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.