Our Impact Technology delivers impactful solutions to calculate the economic, social and environmental impacts of organizations, projects and investments to support decision makers. We work with several leading international organizations in the Financial Services industry and beyond. Our solutions reduce the hurdles for clients to start measuring and managing their impact by making data more accessible.
We are looking for a Commercial Lead Technology. In this role you are responsible for expanding our existing client base and help us scaling up. Your key responsibility is to drive business development, marketing and sales of the Impact Technology business unit, which will bring our data and software solutions to asset managers, banks, large corporates, and multinationals. You will contribute the further professionalization and growth of the team, as Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly. In this role, you are part of the management team of the Impact Technology business unit.
- You drive business development, marketing and sales of the Data and Software teams, laying out commercial growth strategy based on the existing product strategy, and collaborate with the marketing team and the Sustainable Finance and other consulting teams.
- You personally lead and empower the business development team (3 FTE) to successfully carry out sales engagements, establish relations with clients, close deals, and help to professionalize the team’s recruitment and learning processes.
- You challenge the thinking of our clients to help them attain their goals in new ways
- You know how to translate rapidly-changing business and technology issues into relevant value propositions. Work closely with product managers and owners to improve the product and provide input to create/update the product roadmaps for new/existing products.
- You lead sales engagements, establish relations with clients and close deals
- You produce forecasts and manage the sales funnel
The ideal candidate
You are the ideal candidate if you have
- Passion and track record for generating and securing business opportunities in dynamic and growing markets
- Strong drive to contribute to a sustainable and inclusive economy through your professional life and a proven ambition to contribute to this transition
- 5+ years relevant work experience in sales and business development
- Experience or proven affinity in working in a scale-up business environment
- Affinity with data-as-a-service business models and experience in the financial sector are a plus
- A completed bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration.
- Fluency in English
Skills and Values
You are the type of person that gets things done and takes ownership of your work. With your strong, positive mindset, you can inspire the team forward. In addition, you have sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with the capacity to synthesize. You are honest, value integrity and enjoy your work.
If you are not sure whether you meet these criteria, but you are excited about the position and you think you have the right profile, we encourage you to get in touch.
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation which continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become a thought leader in impact measurement and valuation, which foresees in a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field. You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. We have worked for diverse clients such as Tony’s Chocolonely, ABN AMRO, Jumbo, Fairtrade International, UBS, Randstad, DSM and various governments. We also work with partners such as Erasmus School of Management, Harvard Business School, Rabobank, the United Nations Environment Program and Bionext.
What we offer
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture, where everyone has the chance to take responsibility and help to shape the development of the company
- Active coaching and supervision in an informal environment
- Training and a detailed personal impact plan that is built together with your manager
- Flexible working time when applicable, however you are based in Amsterdam or would relocate for this position
- Remuneration appropriate to the level of experience and a pension plan.
- International working environment
- Hours per week: 32-40