Chief of Staff
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that aims to contribute to the creation of an economy that creates value for all. We do so by helping organizations quantify, value, and improve their impact on society. We provide multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governmental organizations with the tools, data, training and strategies they need to measure and improve their value creation to society. The Impact Institute has developed the first method worldwide to quantify social and environmental costs of products as well as the first method to make an integrated Profit & Loss account.
Are you a young professional who is eager and ambitious to professionally contribute to positive impact? Do you have strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and are you highly organized whilst also being a social and diplomatic colleague? Then make sure to read on and find out about this unique opportunity.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organizations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
Role: Chief of Staff
A key aim for the coming years is to professionalize and scale the organization. To support the team and the executive director in doing so, we are looking for a Chief of Staff. In this role you will:
- Support the executive director in running the organization as his right-hand person.
- Manage the flow of information, decisions, time and meetings.
- Represent the executive director when needed.
- And relieve the executive director by taking projects out of his hands.
- Managing the flow of information and decision making to the executive director.
- Managing the flow of internal and external meetings of the executive director.
- Coordinate the time allocation of the executive director to the most relevant activities.
- Managing the agenda and mail of the executive director.
- Representing the executive director at internal and external meetings when necessary.
- Making external presentations and speeches for the executive director.
- Supporting the executive director with developing the strategy and business plan of the organization in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Supporting the executive director with coordinating the domains he is responsible for.
- Supporting the executive director with reviewing documents.
- Leading (or co-leading) and coordinating the execution of discrete Strategic initiatives & projects on behalf of the Executive Director and executive team.
- The executive director works three days in the office and two days on long term projects not from the office; you will work closely three days a week with the executive director and two days independently.
We are looking for a young professional that wants to be a social entrepreneur or fulfil a management role in a social enterprise within 2-3 years and wants to learn by doing. In particular, we seek:
- Eagerness to realize a positive impact on the world.
- An educational background at master level in finance, economics or a quantitative field.
- 2-5 years professional experience in a management trainee or consultant role.
- Experience with working in large and small organizations.
- A proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
- Experience with or willingness to learn business and financial modelling.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent social, diplomatic and communicative skills.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong practical problem-solving skills.
- Talent for and preferably experience with project management.
- Eagerness to learn and improve.
- A generalist.
- Stress resistance.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- Contribute towards the impact economy at one of the international frontrunners in the field of impact measurement and valuation.
- Closely work together with one of the founders and directors of True Price and Impact Institute and becoming his right hand.
- Be part of a great, ambitious and impact driven team of professionals.
- Grow and learn very fast and receive a lot of personal feedback.
- Become well-prepared to start your own social enterprise or transition to a management role in a social enterprise.
Great that you are excited! If you want to know more about the position, Please contact email@example.com.
To apply for one of the jobs, fill in the form in this online portal. Here you will find an option to upload your CV and cover letter and answer some additional questions.
The closing date of this vacancy is 26 August. On the 26th of August a webinar is planned at 6 pm (AMS time) to answer some final questions you may have. Make sure to subscribe if you want to join.
First interviews with Sustainable Talent are planned on 2 and 3 September.
Interviews at Impact Institute are planned on Tuesday 10 September.
Case Interviews are planned on Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 September.
And final interviews are planned on Tuesday 24 and Thursday 26 September.
Please reserve some space in your calendar.