Business Developer Data
Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to use your business development talent to make the economy fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organisation?
Our quickly growing data team develops and delivers quantitative insights about societal impacts of business and investment to high level decision makers in leading organisations in The Netherlands, Europe and beyond. We are currently looking for a Business Developer Data to join our office in Amsterdam.
As Business Developer Data, you are responsible for the business development of the data services, including the Global Impact Database. You will be working closely with and reporting to the manager of the data team.
Your main responsibilities are the design and implementation of various strategies to acquire new customers, using both digital and non-digital channels, and the successful acquisition of new customers. Together with the data team you’ll be responsible for the growth of the data services and the creation of successful business models.
You will contribute to a movement towards impact measurement and valuation that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to shape the marketing and sales strategy of our fast growing data services and contribute to its further professionalisation and growth, as Impact Institute is growing fast and continues to evolve quickly.
- You will drive the business development, marketing and sales agenda of the Data team
- You will translate rapidly-changing business and technology issues into relevant business proposals for our (potential) clients
- You will develop new business opportunities by creating awareness of our new products, show clients how our products create value and make our products fit client needs better
- You will lead sales engagements, establish relations with clients and close deals
- You will produce accurate and timely forecasts and assure an appropriate sales pipeline
- You will challenge the thinking of our clients to help them attain their goals in new ways
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Passion for generating and securing business opportunities in dynamic and growing markets
- Strong track record in sales
- Proactive, autonomous, diligent, result-driven and “can do” personality
- Adept problem-solver and decision-maker
- Stress resistant
- A completed University of Higher Educational degree
- 5+ years relevant work experience in sales and business development and affinity with data-as-a-service business models
- Experience with the marketing of complex and new products
- Experience with sales, marketing and/or business development in the financial sector
- Work experience in a scale up environment
- Pleasant personality with strong interpersonal, persuasive and communication skills
- Fluency in English
Are you excited?
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change, we encourage you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We prefer direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.