Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive economy? Are you driven to make a difference in the world by helping companies accelerate change in the energy & resource transition, global value chains and/or the financial sector? Do you want to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated analyst intern to join our consulting team to support our projects and products. As an analyst intern at Impact Institute’s consulting team, you will choose one of three specializations (Sustainable Finance, Responsible value chains or Energy, Water & Infrastructure) and be trained to become a junior impact consultant. If desired – you can also combine multiple specializations. Examples of projects you may contribute to include:
Specialization Sustainable Finance:
- Impact measurement for a small impact investing company
- Setting up an impact report for a large international bank
- Developing industry guidelines to promote sustainable practices and account for (upcoming) national and international legislation
Specialization Responsible value chains:
- Human rights impact assessment of mangos value chain for a supermarket
- Sustainability assessment of clothing production for an international NGO
- Impact measurement & strategy for a local social enterprise focused on inclusive labour markets
Specialization Energy, Water & Infrastructure (Dutch required):
- Impact reporting for large clients in energy, water and resource transition
- Facilitating in creating long-term impact strategies for infrastructure organizations
- Advising on impact-related case studies, influencing decision-making
You work closely with consulting team members focusing on topics within your chosen specialization and will be working on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- Working together with our data, software and research teams
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6-month full-time internship, 32-40 hours per week
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- A compensation of €385 per month for interns with a completed Bachelor’s degree, €605 per month for Interns with a completed Master’s degree and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a full-time internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop
You are looking for hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works based on solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree and working towards a Master’s degree .
- Sustainability and/or quantitative background or proven interest (coursework in sustainability, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology).
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting.
- An ambitious person with a drive to improve the world.
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver.
- Ability to communicate about technical issues to people without a technical background.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus.
- Ability to write in English at an academic level. Dutch fluency is a plus.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for our Internship program by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our Vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.