Specialization Sustainable Finance:
- Impact measurement for a small impact investing company
- Setting up an impact report for a large international bank
- Developing industry guidelines to promote sustainable practices and account for (upcoming) national and international legislation
Specialization Responsible value chains:
- Human rights impact assessment of mangos value chain for a supermarket
- Sustainability assessment of clothing production for an international NGO
- Impact measurement & strategy for a local social enterprise focused on inclusive labour markets
Specialization Energy, Water & Infrastructure (Dutch required):
- Impact reporting for large clients in energy, water and resource transition
- Facilitating in creating long-term impact strategies for infrastructure organizations
- Advising on impact-related case studies, influencing decision-making
You work closely with consulting team members focusing on topics within your chosen specialization and will be working on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- Working together with our data, software and research teams
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6-month full-time internship, 32-40 hours per week
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- A compensation between €425 and €650 per month, depending on your study progress and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a full-time internship
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop
You are looking for hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works based on solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast-growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree and working towards a Master’s degree .
- Sustainability and/or quantitative background or proven interest (coursework in sustainability, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology).
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting.
- An ambitious person with a drive to improve the world.
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver.
- Ability to communicate about technical issues to people without a technical background.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus.
- Ability to write in English at an academic level. Dutch fluency is a plus.