Value Chains Analyst Intern
Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Do you want to contribute to improved value chain transparency, making products more sustainable, impacts on the living environment, human rights improvements, preservation of biodiversity and inclusive society? Do you want to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated analyst intern to join our consulting team to support our projects and products.
- You work closely with consulting team members focusing on international value chains and will be working on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
- You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- Working together with our data, software and research teams
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6 month full-time internship
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for interns with a completed bachelor’s Degree, based on a fulltime internship
- A compensation of €550 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month for Interns with a completed Masters Degree, based on a fulltime internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree and working towards a MSc degree.
- Sustainability and/or quantitative background (coursework in sustainability, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology).
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus.
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting.
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world.
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver.
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background.
- Ability to write in English at academic level. Dutch fluency is a plus, as is knowledge of Spanish.
Are you enthusiastic?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis and aim to start the internship as soon as possible. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute* is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price