Analyst Intern E&U
Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Are you passionate about the impacts of energy and infrastructure from economic, to environmental and social? Do you want to develop yourself in impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated intern to join our Energy & Utilities team to support our projects and products.
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that helps organizations measure, monetize and improve their impact. We give organizations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Our platform and research services aim to contribute to a circular and inclusive economy that creates value for all people by providing the information needed for such an economy.
- You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- You perform research for our energy & utilities impact data solutions, e.g. to enrich our impact estimates for several energy technologies, such as wind, solar and gas.
- At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and contribute throughout all phases of a project’s cycle.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 6-month full-time internship
- A compensation of €350 per month and commuting costs up to €275 per month
- Active coaching and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organizations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to have impact
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work area: Sustainability, Business, Economics, Environment, Sociology, Life cycle assessment, Finance, Impact assessment.
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop, Travel expenses, Lunch
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree and working towards a MSc degree.
- Energy and/or quantitative background (coursework in (sustainable) energy, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background,
- Ability to write in English and Dutch at academic level.
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2021. We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price