We are looking for a Trainee to join our consulting team to support our projects and products. During your traineeship you will work as an analyst at Impact Institute’s consulting team, you will choose one of three specializations (Sustainable Finance, Responsible value chains or Energy, Water & Infrastructure) and be trained to become an impact consultant. If desired – you can also combine multiple specializations. Examples of projects you may contribute to include:
Specialisation Sustainable Finance:
- Impact measurement for a small impact investing company
- Setting up an impact report for a large international bank
- Developing industry guidelines to promote sustainable practices and account for (upcoming) national and international legislation
Specialisation Responsible value chains:
- Human rights impact assessment of mangos value chain for a supermarket
- Sustainability assessment of clothing production for an international NGO
- Impact measurement & strategy for a local social enterprise focused on inclusive labor markets
Specialisation Energy, Water & Infrastructure:
- Integrated profit & loss for a large energy network operator
- Facilitating impact management & strategy for a large infrastructure company
- Advising on multi-stakeholder and multi-capital impact-related cases
- You work closely with consulting team members focusing on topics within your chosen specialization and will be working on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins.
- You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- Working together with our data, software and research teams
In this role, you will be part of a team that supports our clients transform their organisations by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage their impact. You will operate in a new but growing domain, implement the Impact Measurement & Valuation and True Pricing methods, and advise our clients throughout their Impact Journeys.
Your role is to contribute to analyses and develop problem solving strategies. In addition, utilise and deploy data-oriented tools, investigate and research new data sources, write reports and present your work to our clients. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you will contribute to highly motivated and fun teams.
- Delivering analyses, data, research, presentations and reports
- Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
- Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
- Contributing to the design and sale of new products and projects
- Improving and developing innovative methodologies and tools
- Trouble shooting where necessary
- Building long-term client relationships
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and a true team player
- Master’s degree at working and thinking level
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. economics, econometrics, finance, industrial ecology, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
- Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch