Responsible Value Chains Consultant
Are you eager to have an impact? Do you want to use your skills to make the economy fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are looking for a consultant to strengthen our Responsible Value Chains – Consulting team. The team focuses on inclusivity in the labour market and sustainable value chains thereby mobilising clients to accelerate the transition to a more just society.
As a Consultant, you will be part of a team that supports our clients (corporates, SMEs and public sector and non-profit) to transform their organisations and industries to ensure human and environmental rights are protected and respected and organisations promote diversity & inclusion. We do so by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage their impact. You will operate in a new but growing domain, implement the impact measurement and valuation and True Pricing methods. You will advise our clients throughout their Impact Journeys focussing on themes related to responsible value chains such as the importance of decent work and working conditions for all, making products more sustainable, impact on people’s living situation, value chain transparency and environmental impact (such as preservation of biodiversity).
Your challenge is to lead projects and propositions and to guide clients through their transformation. Your personality, communication and leadership skills have an impact on the decision-making process of front-running companies. With your personality and interpersonal skills, you build highly motivated teams and long-lasting relations with clients.
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on the impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation that continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become a thought leader in impact measurement and valuation, which foresees a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field. You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. We have worked with diverse organizations such as Hivos, Fairtrade International, NewBees, Randstad and Jumbo.
- Manage multiple projects: delivering projects on time, within a set budget and exceeding client expectations
- Ensure all deliverables are high quality and submitted on time
- Manage relations with clients as well as their stakeholders
- Lead innovative propositions and projects
- Mentor and empower the project team’s members supporting these projects
- Lead sales engagements and establishing relations with clients
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating scale-up working environment
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner-organisations, board members)
- Actual responsibilities and the opportunity to make an impact
The ideal candidate for this role identifies as an excellent project manager who is dedicated to driving change and will have:
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Up to 6 years of relevant work experience in advisory
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. economics, econometrics, finance, industrial ecology, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering) and/or professional track record
- Knowledge of diversity & inclusivity (in the labour market), international value chains, human rights compliance and/or sustainability
- Excellent communication and leadership skills enable you to interact at all levels, from analyst to board level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
Moreover, the candidate will preferable have:
- Strong communication skills in Dutch
- Work experience in a growth business/ scale-up environment
Are you excited?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and feel the drive to make a change? We would love to get in touch! Please apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We will review applications on a rolling basis. Questions? Do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We prefer direct contact with our applicants; therefore, we do not work with intermediaries.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – with the information needed to optimise their positive impact, create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.