Associate (junior, medior, senior)
Impact Institute* is a social enterprise that aims to contribute to the creation of an economy that creates value for all. We do so by helping organizations quantify, value, and improve their impact on society. We assist multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, and governmental organizations with risk management and strategic decision making by providing insights into their impacts and their associated risks and opportunities. The Impact Institute has developed the first method worldwide to quantify social and environmental costs of products as well as the first method to make an integrated Profit & Loss account. We are currently looking for a project manager.
In this important role, you work in teams to deliver projects to our customers with considerable responsibility. The level of autonomy and responsibility depends on whether you enter at the junior, medior or senior associate level. In these projects, we work with our customers to measure and value their impact, provide them with the tools to do it themselves and develop strategies how they can manage and improve their impact. Your challenge is to make analyses and strategies, develop data-oriented tools, collect data behind your desk and in the field and present your work to the customer. You will operate in a fundamentally new domain, implement the true pricing methods and help customers in their transformation. Your influencing skills have an impact on the success and uptake of the project. With your personality and interpersonal skills you contribute to highly motivated and fun teams. You report to a project manager.
Opportunities You will contribute to a movement towards true pricing that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy and policies of the Impact Institute, as we are still a relatively young and small organization. In addition, you will become an expert in impact measurement and valuation, which foresees in a fast growing demand among of organizations worldwide. Internationally,the Impact Institute is recognized as one of the front-runners in this field. You will work with organizations, small and large, that influence the economy. We have worked with diverse organizations such as AkzoNobel, ABN AMRO, Achmea, BAM, DSM, Schiphol, Triodos, Rabobank, Tony’s Chocolonely, Hivos, ICCO, CNV, Fairtrade International, the Sustainable Food Trust and the United Nations (UNEP). You will develop your quantitative, reasoning, personal and interpersonal skills and be challenged to go where you have not gone before.
1. Delivering analyses, data, research and reports
2. Delivering your assigned responsibilities on time and at the required level
3. Effectively and enjoyably working with team members to deliver the joint products
4. Contribute to designing and selling new products and projects
5. Improving and developing innovative methodologies and tools
6. Trouble shooting where necessary
1. Strong drive to contribute to a better world and proven ambition to make world sustainable
2. Pro-active, autonomous, result driven and “can do” personality
3. Intrinsically motivated, ambitious, hard-working and honest team player
4. Stress resistant
5. Master degree working and thinking level, PhD is a plus for senior position
6. 1-4 years relevant work experience in a developer, analyst or consultant position, where experience determines whether you enter as junior associate, associate or senior associate
7. Strong quantitative skills, evidenced by relevant degree (e.g. econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, data science, computer science, engineering) and/or professional track record
8. Experienced in carrying out research, data analysis and/or software and tool development
9. Nice and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
10. Excellent communication skills which enables you to interact with peers and senior professionals
11. Fluency in English and preferably also Dutch
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis.
* Formerly working under the name, True Price